Today Google will host a breakfast press event with VP of Chrome and Android Sundar Pichai. We expect the company to announce the long-awaited Android 4.3, nicknamed Key Lime Pie, which was conspicuously absent from the Google I/O conference. We’re also waiting for the official release of the new Nexus 7, which has already been leaked by Best Buy.
Tune in at 9 a.m. Pacific Time (that’s 12 p.m. Eastern) to hear Google’s announcements!
-By the end of 2013, tablet purchases will surpass PCs
– 1 in 2 tablets sold worldwide is based on Android
– Users have downloaded over 50B million apps from Google Play, which consists of over 1M+ apps
– Google announces Android 4.3 OS, will ship with the new Nexus 7
– Includes restricted profiles to limit access to apps for different users
– Accelerated 3D graphics
– Here is the Nexus 7 now available on Google Play
-200+ billion online videos watched each month, 50% on Netflix and YouTube
– 2.7X increase on smartphones and tablets
– TV experiences to by synced across all devices – Chrome cast – the easiest way to bring your favorite programs to your TV
– Watch videos on your TV just by plugging Chromecast into your TV. When you’re on YouTube, press the “cast” button, and you can play videos in HD (from the cloud) on your TV, since YouTube detects Chrome cast in your home system
– Use your phone and tablet to control the volume on your TV, replacing your remote control
-Use Chromecast to also play movies and music from apps like Netflix and Pandora, on your TV