Ever wish you could take advantage of your evening commute to get job applications out of the way? Now using LinkedIn mobile you can apply to any job you like while on the go.
Today LinkedIn announced that job applications are now enabled for mobile devices. Using LinkedIn’s dedicated Android or iOS apps or the mobile version of LinkedIn, users can now easily apply for jobs. In fact, the entire mobile application process can take less than one minute since there is no need to attach a cumbersome resume file.
How to apply for a job using LinkedIn mobile:
- Step 1: Search for jobs using LinkedIn’s mobile search, or browse LinkedIn’s personalized job recommendations
- Step 2: Click the “Apply” or “Apply on Company Website” button
- Step 3: Review your LinkedIn profile to ensure that it’s updated, and make edits directly within the app if necessary
- Step 4: Confirm your email address and phone number
- Step 5: Click the “Submit” button to send your application
Once you submit your application, LinkedIn will suggest similar jobs that may also interest you. LinkedIn will also provide you a list of jobs you’ve saved and jobs you’ve applied to.
This update is a natural extension of a LinkedIn’s launch of job search capabilities for mobile devices. Since over 30% of LinkedIn members view jobs on LinkedIn from mobile devices, the ability to apply for jobs via mobile appears to be very much in demand. This new feature will also go hand-in-hand with LinkedIn’s CheckIn app for recruiters.
For more information on applying to jobs using LinkedIn mobile, check out this presentation:
Do you use LinkedIn to apply for jobs? Tell us your stories in the comments section!