DashBurst is Looking to Hire an Infographic Designer
DashBurst – a social media magazine, design agency, and technology startup – is looking to add a full-time infographic designer to its staff.
DashBurst launched earlier in 2013 and is now one of the top 17,000 sites on the web (#4633 in the US) with a rapidly expanding community of over 250,000 subscribers. DashBurst is a great source online for the latest in social media, marketing, technology, web culture, humor, art, and design.
Now we’re looking for an experienced infographic designer to join the team! This position is for creatives that specialize in user-centric designs, information graphics, and online data visualizations.
Are you a visual storyteller who can examine large, statistical data sets and communicate them with clear, compelling online layouts, images and other interactive features? Successful candidates must be proficient in Adobe CS tools (Photoshop, Illustrator) and have a basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
Right now we’re looking to hire freelance designers for projects with the potential to build into a full-time position in the future. Additionally, for students we have established graphic design (along with web design and blogging) internships that offer college credits at the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University.
How to apply:
Send your application to email@example.com including the following information:
1. What type of graphic design experience and education do you have? (Please attach your resume or CV)
2. Do you have experience designing graphics in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop? What would you say are the distinguishing features between the two?
3. Links to examples of your designs, preferably published online.
4. Links to your social profiles (Twitter, Facebook, Google+), blogs, or any other source of activity.
5. Why do you think your design style fits the DashBurst community?
6. What are your expectations for doing graphics for DashBurst?
Do you want to help us find interesting new ways to represent and communicate data?