DashBurst is Looking to Hire a Full-Time Lead Writer
Since launching our blog two months ago, DashBurst is now one of the top 50,000 sites on the web with a rapidly growing community of over 250,000 subscribers. DashBurst is a go-to source online for the latest in social media, business, marketing, technology, web culture, humor, art and design.
We’re looking for an experienced writer knowledgeable in these and similar fields. We feature breaking news as well as exciting videos, photos, guides, infographics, presentations and more. Take a look at our blog and topic categories to get a better idea of what DashBurst is about.
Caution: What you’re about to read is not for the faint of heart, and anyone who can’t handle this need not apply…
- Do you write for some big time magazine? Good for you. You can stop here… We’re not looking to hire writers away from plush jobs, we’re trying to train new ones.
- You’re required to work your ass off at this firm. 40+ hours/week writing 2 to 4 articles per day.
- Working knowledge of English, WordPress, Photoshop, PowerPoint, HTML, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Pinterest, Apple, Android, Microsoft, Skype and other current technology is needed.
‘”We want winners here, not pikers. A piker walks at the bell. A piker asks how much vacation time you get in the first year.”
What you’ll get:
1) Ok, first three months at the firm are as a trainee. You will make $150 dollars/week.*
2) After that, if you pass the test of successfully running the blog on your own for a day, you will get a full-time offer to join DashBurst, salary commensurate with your experience, including equity in the company where the sky is the limit.
3) Every article you write for DashBurst will get massive exposure, building your portfolio and personal audience.
If you’re an aspiring writer hungry for a great opportunity you could be the person we’re looking for!
*Word or two about being a trainee: your friends, parents, other writers could give you shit about it, and it’s true, $150 dollars a week isn’t a lot of money. Pay them no mind. You need to learn this business and this is the time to do it.
How to apply:
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with responses to the following:
1. What are your strongest topics (e.g. social media, web design, Android, etc.)?
2. What type of writing experience and education do you have? (Attach your resume or CV.)
3. Do you have experience writing with WordPress? Whats the benefit of blogging in WordPress vs. Tumblr?
4. Links to examples of your writing, preferably published online.
5. Links to your social profiles (Twitter, Facebook, Google+), blogs, or any other source of activity.
6. Why do you think your writing style fits the DashBurst community?
7. What are your expectations writing for DashBurst?
If we see you as a potential fit we’ll schedule a phone interview. A writing test, in which you will have 2 hours to produce a well-written article about an impromptu topic, will follow.
We look forward to hearing from you and good luck 🙂