One of the biggest selling points of Adobe’s subscription-based Creative Cloud service is Adobe’s ability to send constant updates to its apps. Taking advantage of this functionality are Adobe’s first major Creative Cloud updates since the suite’s release in June. The updates include improvements to Edge Reflow CC, added features for Edge Code CC, and Phone Gap Build. Among other benefits, these updates make it possible to build multi-page sites using Creative Cloud.
Adobe Edge Reflow CC
Previously, Edge Reflow CC could only be used to create single-page websites – but who creates single-page websites anymore? To offer a tool more useful in today’s ultra-connected world, Adobe has added support for creating multi-page sites to Edge Reflow. Now, in the right-hand toolbar on Reflow’s design surface, below the recently added Assets Panel, you’ll find a brand new Pages Panel. From this panel you can duplicate and rename pages, navigate between pages, and create new pages. A new navigation bar for browser previews will also allow you to switch between all the pages in your comp.
With this update come a few other highly requested features, including the ability to:
- Preview your design in-app by click the the Tab button on your keyboard
- Use right-click functionalities (they’re back!)
- Select a div and apply an image as its background; Edge Reflow will update your HTML accordingly
- Copy and paste visual styles
- Apply changes across multiple layouts
- While drawing shapes, toggle between the selection tool and the box tool using the Command/Control key on your keyboard
- Auto-update your HTML simply by saving your work
For a preview of these updates to Edge Reflow, check out this demo:
Edge Code CC
Edge Code CC, Adobe’s HTML/CSS text editor, now integrates Edge Inspect so you can test designs across devices. Edge Code now also integrates with Kuler so you can access your color themes while you code. When you open the inline color selector in Edge Code, you’ll see the normal color panel as well as a list of the Kuler themes you’ve created.
PhoneGap Build allows you to extend the functionality of your mobile app with third-party plugins.
Have you been using Creative Cloud? What do you think of the service?