11 Ultimate Road Trip Destinations
Trying to fit in a last-minute vacation during these last few weeks of summer?
When it comes to summer vacations, there’s nothing quite like a road trip. From long stretches of farmland to shiny cityscapes to the seashores, and all the small towns in between them, only driving allows you to see the many different aspects of your country.
A road trip also provides the perfect opportunity to create amazing memories with family and/or friends.
If you’re not in a hurry to reach a specific destination – or especially if you don’t even have a specific destination in mind – then get ready to pack up the car and hit the road.
Preparing for a road trip
Although it’s tempting to simply jump in the car and go, you’ll want to make sure that you are properly prepared. You want to arrive safely at your destination, of course.
Here are a few essentials to remember before hitting the road:
- Make sure your car insurance is up-to-date. Don’t know whether you have the proper coverage or have questions about insurance? This comprehensive guide from The Zebra, a site that helps you find and compare the cheapest car insurance rates in your area, can help. (Click here to view the guide).
- Schedule a car inspection and/or tune up.
- Have a plan for roadside assistance. For example, your auto insurance company may offer this, or you may consider investing in a AAA membership, at least for the duration of your road trip. AAA is a non-profit organization which provides emergency roadside service, discounts, travel bookings, vacation planning, maps, directions & financial services.
- Prepare for emergencies. Here are a few must-haves, just in case:
- Cell phone charger
- Water and non-perishable snacks
- First aid kit
- Blanket (in case it’s cold where you’re traveling and your car breaks down)
Source: How Money Walks
All set? Then let’s hit the road!
“American Sacred Ground – Carhenge” Alliance, Nebraska
~ via David Brown Eyes
Sunset on the River (Finland)
~ via Jukka Heinovirta
“Surfing in the River” Leiria, Portugal
~ via Gil Reis
Loganville, Georgia (Northwestern area of the state)
~ via Janice McGregor
“London’s Most Unusual Historical Sites you can explore!” London, United Kingdom
~ via Enroute Europe
Wells Beach, Maine
~ via James Meyer
New York City, New York
~ via Steven Hughes
Northern British Columbia, Canada
~ via Kaila Walton
~ via Mila Ritz
San Antonio, Texas
Wisconsin (In and around Lake Michigan’s western shore)
~ via Phil Koch
What is your ultimate road trip destination? We’d love for you to share your pictures with us!