The Pinterest team has noticed that more and more boards were being created around vacations and travel plans with 1.5 million places pinned each day. So to help people turn their travel inspiration into a reality, Pinterest has introduced Place Pins.
Place Pins combine the imagery of sophisticated map technology with your Pins, making them accessible from anywhere on the Web or your smartphone. You can even use the map technology to discover new places or get directions! Place Pins can include pertinent information like addresses and phone numbers to help you plan your trip.
How to Make a Place Board
To make your own place board, just select ‘Add a map’ when you create a new board, or you can edit the existing settings of live boards. You can also collaborate with friends on group map boards to help plan adventures together.
With so many places and boards to explore, Pinterest made a collection of special place boards for your inspiration, including:
- Top 100 Hotels in the World from Conde Nast Traveler
- The World’s Best Festivals from Fest300
- Vibrant Street Markets from AFAR
- America’s Best Hot Chocolate from Fodor’s
- Devouring the Globe from Sherry of Ottsworld Travel
- Angie Eats New York City! from Jeremy & Angie of Living the Dream
- Best Places to Visit Europe from Karen of Europe a la Carte
- Our Beautiful World from JD Andrews of EarthXplorer
Pinterest on the new release:
Place Pins are our first effort to make Pinterest more useful for travel. It follows other ways we’re making your Pins more actionable in real life, including Product, Article, Movie and Recipe Pins. We hope you find Place Pins helpful, and we can’t wait to see your new place boards.”
So where do you plan to visit next?