DashBurst is a content creator network looking for a business savvy and passionate journalist to add to our team to line and copyedit and write articles on social media, marketing, tech, art and design. This person will also be responsible for crafting our voice and managing our overall content strategy, style, tone, team of writers, contacts and submissions.
We are looking for ambitious candidates who are excited about content and social media and thrive in a fast-paced news and startup environment. A strong acumen for business and technology, good judgement and the ability to quickly find interesting content is a must.
- Education: BA in English, journalism, communication or related field; degree or coursework in professional writing, marketing or graphic design a plus
- Experience with AP style guidelines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; content creation and management is a must (blogs, social media, print, digital and broadcast content, etc.)
- Versatility to quickly maneuver between entertaining short copy and in-depth analysis
- Knowledgeable in the space of social media, technology, art, music and design
- Active online social presence
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills, attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Bonus: Experience with HTML and writing online with WordPress
Please send your resume, cover letter and three writing samples, salary and/or equity requirements to email@example.com.