By the Numbers: Microsoft Makes Usage Data Available Online
Did you know that Internet Explorer’s usage was over 56% of the market share worldwide in July? Or that Outlook.com has over 400 million active email users?
You can find these and other stats on Microsoft’s newly released Microsoft by the Numbers site that uses a familiar Window tiles interface to display some important facts about its many products and services. Like most big technology companies, Microsoft likes to boast about its latest stats in blog posts – so why not create a real-time feed that collates that data into one single site?
Here are some of the latest Microsoft statistics:
- Bing has 17.86% of the U.S. search market share
- More than 100 million Windows 8 licenses have been sold to date
- The Windows Store has facilitated over 250 million downloads
- Skype users spend over 2 billion minutes per day using the service
- Xbox live has over 48 million members in 41 countries
- Xbox 360 has been the number one selling game console in the U.S. for 30 straight months
- 76 million Xbox 360 consoles have been sold worldwide
- Yammer, an enterprise social network, has over 7 million registered users
- MSN had 5.8 billion page views in June 2013
- Over 250 million people use SkyDrive
Oh – by the way, over half a million pizza slices are consumed by Microsoft employees each year, along with 2.6 million free beverages, while making all these products work for youApps Business Data Visualization Microsoft Stats Tech Videos